Tuesday 10 October 2017

Normal Service Resumes...


Hello everyone,

It feels like such a long time since I last posted, indeed it's been a while since I spent time in my little craft room. It's been a busy summer here in the Atkinson house. We've spent three out of six weeks in the sunshine, had babysitting duties as Miss Ava had her operation, prepared and packed one off to university and got the last of four children ready to enter year 9 of high school! So, as the title to this post states - life is finally getting back to normal.

I had some exciting news in the summer.... I've been invited to be Pinworthy Guest over at 'A Vintage Journey'. After years of teaching Art & Craft to adults and children, I must admit to having a few butterflies as I plan my contribution. I'm putting it down to having a few years out due to ill health but fingers crossed it is beginning to come together. As you will probably understand, I can't show you anything just yet but keep checking and I will post a picture and tutorial as soon as I'm allowed.

Are you enjoying the weather? We've had lots of rain here in Yorkshire but this has led to a few cool and misty Autumnal mornings. I love this time of year; the colours and smells take me back to childhood. I grew up in a rural village and this time of year was bustling with activity. As a child, we learnt the Keats poem ‘to Autumn’ by rote! For me it summaries Autumn perfectly (although I do like Mr. Cleaver’s version in Bridget Jones)!

Well, I had better crack on as the deadline is getting too close for comfort. I hope you’re having a fun day and manage a little crafty time too.

Creative hugs for now

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment