Friday 30 June 2017

Evening

I've been dabbling with green again. Feeling reassured after my panel I decided to go all the way and finish my Journal cover.

I begun by painting the MDF with the green paint, adding a little lighter colour to the middle. Once dry, I used my old favourite Tim Holtz distressed dotty stamp to add Ranger Distress
Paint in vintage photo. I worked on one edge at a time as I then sprinkled Ranger's Distress Embossing Powder (distress paint can be used for embossing along with many other uses). The texture is fantastic, especially when adding paint to give a rusty, vintage effect. This was repeated on all four sides  before adding Distress Paint in tarnished brass. With a little Decoart Media Paint from the rust collection, I tweaked the colour until satisfied it resembled the panel. To finish, I added gilding wax. This was repeated on the back and spine of the Journal.

The greyboard panel was then attached with permanent adhesive and a small name plate added, coloured with distress paint and more gilding wax.


I hope you like it. Why don't you challenge yourself to work with a colour you would usually shy away from? You may be surprised with the results, I was.

Have a good weekend, fingers crossed the sun shines.

Hugs

Julie xx


2 comments:

  1. Cool good to see you today and glad that you are thinking about crafting again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you too and looking so well. Heather and self employment obviously agree with you. I'm hoping to have a dabble with your lovely skull stamp tomorrow, I've several ideas! See you soon, love to Heather x

      Delete